COVID-19 Keeping you safe
Keeping our pupils safe. Although it is impossible to make anything completely COVID-19 secure, we have carried out our own risk assessment to what we feel is the best level of safety for our pupils and ourselves. We have implemented the following guidelines to mitigate the chance of spreading the virus as much as possible :-
1. All contact points of our vehicles will be disinfected between each lesson and deep cleaned at the end of the day.
2. All pupils will be met outside the car and all personal belongings/items must be placed in the boot of the car. No personal items will be allowed inside the cockpit of the car, unless they remain on your person.
3. Before entering the vehicle, we will ask all pupils to sanitise their hands (alcohol spray will be provided by us).
4. We are not currently making it mandatory for the wearing of face masks during lessons. If pupils wish to wear one then they can do so. However, the DVSA have stated that face masks must be worn during a driving test, unless the pupil has a medical condition that stops them from wearing one. If this is the case, the pupil must declare this when booking the test. Pupils may therefore wish to wear a face mask during lessons, so they get used to driving with one on.
5. If any pupil has any symptoms related to COVID-19 or has been in contact with anybody showing signs then please cancel the lesson. No late cancellation fee will be made. If you are unsure please visit the NHS website for advice.
6. Windows of the vehicle will be partially down during lessons, to allow fresh air to circulate within the cockpit of the car. Pupils may wish to consider appropriate clothing on cooler days.